Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Not sure if i am using lexical parameter properly
Not sure if i am using lexical parameter properly [message #336485] Sun, 27 July 2008 15:15 Go to next message
ora1980
Hi all

I am trying to incorporate a lexixal parameter in my report

so i changed my query to

SELECT OH.ORDER_NUMBER,OH.ORDERED_DATE,OL.LINE_NUMBER,OH.FLOW_STATUS_CODE,OL.SCHEDULE_ARRIVAL_DATE,OL.ORDERED_ITEM,MSI.DESCRIPTION
FROM OE_ORDER_HEADERS_ALL OH,
     OE_ORDER_LINES_ALL OL,MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS MSI
 WHERE OH.HEADER_ID=OL.HEADER_ID AND MSI.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID=OL.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID
       AND MSI.ORGANIZATION_ID=OL.ORG_ID &regno

which orignally was

SELECT OH.ORDER_NUMBER,OH.ORDERED_DATE,OL.LINE_NUMBER,OH.FLOW_STATUS_CODE,OL.SCHEDULE_ARRIVAL_DATE,OL.ORDERED_ITEM,MSI.DESCRIPTION
FROM OE_ORDER_HEADERS_ALL OH,
     OE_ORDER_LINES_ALL OL,MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS MSI
 WHERE OH.HEADER_ID=OL.HEADER_ID AND MSI.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID=OL.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID
       AND MSI.ORGANIZATION_ID=OL.ORG_ID and oh.header_id
between :reg1 and :reg2

so when i am running the report, i see the extra prompt for
a lexical parameter, and i dont enter in that text box..

the report runs fine, but my doubt is,

by simply changing the query like this, shall i conclude that i have used lexical parameter properly ? is that all ?

so how
Re: Not sure if i am using lexical parameter properly [message #336521 is a reply to message #336485] Mon, 28 July 2008 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Obviously, as the report runs without an error, you have used a lexical parameter properly.

However, as you left it empty, it does nothing (as if it doesn't exist). Therefore, you may omit it from a query (if you don't plan to use it).

P.S. Forgot to tell ... lexical parameter is usually initialized in the AFTER PARAMETER FORM trigger. You'd create a parameter (not a lexical one) which has a certain value (for example, two NUMBER parameters). Then you'd initialize lexical parameter as
:lex_param := 'and header_id between ' || :par_id_1 || ' and ' || :par_id_2;

[Updated on: Mon, 28 July 2008 00:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Not sure if i am using lexical parameter properly [message #336740 is a reply to message #336485] Mon, 28 July 2008 16:11 Go to previous message
ora1980
thanks
Previous Topic: trying to calculate in a Report
Next Topic: Using srw.run_report in Reports 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 12:52:50 CDT 2024