Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports Download
Reports Download [message #340185] Mon, 11 August 2008 18:41 Go to next message
ada26
Hi.. Its been more than 8 years I haven't worked with reports and bear with my question..

Could I download Oracle Reports on oracle.com? (my boss says I can but I could only see white papers)

Can my user view or access my Oracle Report without Oracle on their machine or Oracle runtime?

The only goal here is to see the report on .PDF format. I have a program that creates a report and saves to .CSV using UTL_FILE, however it does not support .PDF

The closest we can think of is to use, Oracle Reports, however I am not sure if they can view or access this report just like any .CSV file.
Re: Reports Download [message #340247 is a reply to message #340185] Tue, 12 August 2008 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Could I download Oracle Reports on oracle.com?

Yes; there are different sections - you need to visit Downloads of the Oracle Technology Network.

/forum/fa/4779/0/

Quote:
Can my user view or access my Oracle Report without Oracle on their machine or Oracle runtime?

It depends on version you plan to use.
If it is Reports 6i, which is client-server, your user will have to have runtime components installed.
If it is 9i or newer version, it is web-oriented and you'll have to install IAS (Application Server) which will run reports services; user won't have to install any kind of Oracle software, but access your reports via his/her web browser.

For more information, check the Documentation section on the same site.
Re: Reports Download [message #340413 is a reply to message #340185] Tue, 12 August 2008 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ada26
I believe that the user should involve the report to run either at runtime or web.

However, my requirement if to just save the report on a PDF format and send it via email.

I already created procedure to do this using UTL_FILE and UTL_SMTP for sending email, however UTL_FILE only supports saving to CSV.

So I need a work around to save it as PDF and send the same to email.

The aim is that user will receive the report via PDF either way how I do it.

I haven't came across TEXT_IO but someone told me that could support saving on PDF, not sure though!
Re: Reports Download [message #340421 is a reply to message #340185] Tue, 12 August 2008 15:02 Go to previous message
yeshua2000
If you need the Windows version, just call Oracle at 1-800-223-1711 or file an SR and they will mail you the disk.

If you want to use the UNIX version, it may already be on your server. The UNIX command is ar60desb or type 'which ar60desb' to find it. You may need an X emulator tool to access it.

Chris
Previous Topic: PRINT FIXED PORTION ON LAST PAGE
Next Topic: peculiar problem when pramaterize the report?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 12:45:33 CDT 2024