Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Connect Microsoft Access Database with Oracle 9i Database
Connect Microsoft Access Database with Oracle 9i Database [message #394407] Thu, 26 March 2009 19:34 Go to next message
skkazmi
Hi All,

I am facing a problem regarding connectivity with microsoft access with oracle 9i database. Is their any posibility to connect mdb file with oracle 9i database.

If anyone have the solution regarding please reply.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Kazmi
Re: Connect Microsoft Access Database with Oracle 9i Database [message #394408 is a reply to message #394407] Thu, 26 March 2009 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Is their any posibility to connect mdb file with oracle 9i database.
No.

Did you read & follow the bouncing RED ball advice as stated in URL below?
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/f/32/136107/
Did you read & follow Posting Guidelines as contained in URL below?
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

You need to use Access to open the *mdb file & dump the results to a text file which can then be loaded into Oracle.
Re: Connect Microsoft Access Database with Oracle 9i Database [message #394409 is a reply to message #394408] Thu, 26 March 2009 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skkazmi
Thanks for your reply.

Is their any posibility to connect *.mdb file with ODBC connection then this connection will communicate with oracle.

I need to design an application in oracle developer which insert record from *.mdb file into oracle database and after insertion from *.mdb file the data will be removed from the file.

Best regards,
Kazmi
Re: Connect Microsoft Access Database with Oracle 9i Database [message #394410 is a reply to message #394407] Thu, 26 March 2009 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I need to design an application in oracle developer
When your only tool is a hammer, all problems are viewed as nails.
A hammer is a great tool, but only in some cases.
A hammer would be a less than optimal for the task of making 2 boards from 1 board.
You may have the wrong tool to accomplish your goal.

I know the desired task could be done with some custom PERL code.

I could be mistaken, but I do not think that an Oracle Developer application can manipulate data within a *MDB file.
Re: Connect Microsoft Access Database with Oracle 9i Database [message #394437 is a reply to message #394409] Fri, 27 March 2009 01:52 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, you might search the board (keywords: access, odbc). One of useful discussions might be this one which contains a great example provided by Maarten. Check whether it helps; if not, expand your search and/or revert back with new question(s).
Previous Topic: Which one to install at first ?
Next Topic: Setting datestamp on export file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:32:01 CDT 2024