Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » How to configure a timeout for a mapping (OWB 11.2.0.3)
How to configure a timeout for a mapping [message #557803] Fri, 15 June 2012 18:28 Go to next message
zerokelvin
Hi,

Is it possible to configure a timeout for a mapping?

For example: if the mapping is attempting to update a row/table in the target system, and that lock prevents the map from committing within a set duration, I'd like the map to timeout and rollback it's transaction.

I notice that their is a timeout runtime parameter within the configuration template, but modifying this has not impact on the mapping's configuration. This parameter in not displayed in the list of available runtime parameters for the map either.

If this cannot be done ... do you have any other suggestions on how to handle this scenario?

Thanks in Advance!
Re: How to configure a timeout for a mapping [message #557839 is a reply to message #557803] Sat, 16 June 2012 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Hello! Welcome to the OraFAQ forum!

Unfortunately, there aren't many people here who are capable of answering OWB questions. Hopefully, someone will be able to assist.

If not, perhaps you should consider asking for help elsewhere, such as OTN Forums.

Good luck!

[Updated on: Sat, 16 June 2012 03:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to configure a timeout for a mapping [message #557923 is a reply to message #557839] Sun, 17 June 2012 19:15 Go to previous message
zerokelvin
Thank you I will give that a try.
Previous Topic: OWB from Unix
Next Topic: Workspace creation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:19:16 CDT 2024