Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Menu options
Menu options [message #87217] Tue, 14 December 2004 07:36 Go to next message
gid01

When I run my application using...

start C:oracleBINifrun60.EXE startpm.fmx user password database

The application launches but the menu options don't work.

Can someone expain the basics of how the form controls the menu options

Thanks

Gordon

forms Version 6
Re: Menu options [message #87258 is a reply to message #87217] Wed, 15 December 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just John
Please be clear - what are MENU options

(I assume you don't mean the File, edit, record, block, window tool bar menus! - do you?)
Re: Menu options [message #87311 is a reply to message #87258] Fri, 17 December 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gid01
Hi John

No these are bespoke menus. They do appear on screen but when you take a drop down option it does'nt go to the relevant form (no error message is shown!)

Gordon
Re: Menu options [message #87324 is a reply to message #87311] Sat, 18 December 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just John
Again (the menu IS a MMB/MMX(?) or toolbar block?)

What happens if you replace the call_form (or menu code) with MESASGE('hello');MESASGE('hello');?

If 'hello' is displayed, the menu works - check your code, path, form name, other system stuff.

If is doesn't display - MMmm unsure - post again.
Re: Menu options [message #87445 is a reply to message #87324] Wed, 05 January 2005 07:13 Go to previous message
gid01
Just John

Thanks for replying.

Having looked at the problem again I have an additional problem which may be causing things not to work.

The menu is a mmb/mmx file, the problem is I can change a label name on the menu and recompile and I see the change.(So I am picking up the correct menu)

However the sub menus are slightly different from what I see in forms builder when I run the form!!?. I can find nothing in the menu or form which can do this.

ie in forms builder I have sub menus A B and C
but when I run the form I get A and D (I cannot find D in the form or menu?)

The only thing I can thnk is some PLSQL is changing the sub menus somehow?

Any ideas?

Thsnks
G
Previous Topic: forms server very urgent quistion
Next Topic: Project needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:11:13 CDT 2024