Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Password help
Password help [message #133061] Wed, 17 August 2005 09:02 Go to next message
SaraC
Hi Ive been reading up on password change through oracle. I want to provide functionality for users to change their password via Oracle Forms. Was going to call password validation within the form and then use FORMS_DDL('ALTER USER...')

Will this work? Have read that OCIPasswordChange should be used over this because alter user does not support password validation - why cant I use the alter command if I call the validation first?
Also I cant find the Oracle provided file with the verify password function in it (utlpwdmg.sql ) any idea where I can find it?

Thanks
Re: Password help [message #154477 is a reply to message #133061] Sun, 08 January 2006 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you solve your problem?

David
Re: Password help [message #154510 is a reply to message #133061] Mon, 09 January 2006 03:24 Go to previous message
SaraC
Yes sort of - got around this by calling a PLSQL package from the password form. and then in the package calling the verification routine and then changing the password if the password passed the verification.

S
Previous Topic: Count rows of record inserted
Next Topic: multibyte character in LOV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:45:27 CDT 2024