Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Error handling in Package used by Oracle 9i Form
Error handling in Package used by Oracle 9i Form [message #146587] Fri, 11 November 2005 05:43 Go to next message
adamjsawyer
I am creating a package to be used by an Oracle 9i Form. It will also later be used by a web plsql application running on the application server. My question is: If I don't do any error handling in the package, will the error propogate to my form to be displayed in its ON-ERROR handler? or is there something else I have to do. Furthermore, how will this affect my web plsql application later? Will I need to create two packages, one with error handling and one without?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, my question covers several areas

thx
adam
Re: Error handling in Package used by Oracle 9i Form [message #146751 is a reply to message #146587] Sun, 13 November 2005 17:06 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can handle to error in the package and then do a 'RAISE' to pass certain errors to a 'higher' level. Have a search of the reference and building guides for 'raise'. There will be examples.

David
Previous Topic: How to re-query a master-detail-subdetail form after writing changes to the database?
Next Topic: Auto login using Forms Version 6.0.8.21.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:55:15 CDT 2024