Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in Conversion of forms6 to 6i and Re: Converting forms from 6 to 6i (merged)
Problem in Conversion of forms6 to 6i and Re: Converting forms from 6 to 6i (merged) [message #157695] Sat, 04 February 2006 02:50 Go to next message
farnado
I have compiled all forms6 version of fmb,lib in forms6i version.
In every form particular text item the Required property as "yes". That item have property has set enabled property as false in when_new_form_instanse trigger.

which is working properly in forms6. but not in forms6i which is showing message as "Field must be entered". Any one help me as soon as possible.

Problem in Conversion of forms6 to 6i [message #157699 is a reply to message #157695] Sat, 04 February 2006 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
farnado
I have compiled all my forms version 6 of fmb,rdf,lib in forms6i and reports6i.
if i run the forms6i fmb, i am geting message as "Field must be entered"

In when_new_form_instance trigger I have a coding as
go_item('block2.name')
set_item_property('block2.code',enabled,property_false)"

I am calling lib procedure in that procedure
read_image_file('imagefile name','file format','blockname.imageitemname')
which is also not working
how can i solve this problem?

Re: Problem in Conversion of forms6 to 6i [message #157727 is a reply to message #157699] Sat, 04 February 2006 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M0nst3r
I don't have Form Builder in front of me to test this issue, but I believe, if you're getting a 'Field must be entered' exception, then the block you're coming from has a record status of 'INSERT' or 'CHANGED'. You need to find out why your record status is changing.

I'm not familiar with the READ_IMAGE_FILE() procedure.
Re: Converting forms from 6 to 6i [message #158198 is a reply to message #157695] Thu, 09 February 2006 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Create a temporary Pre-Block trigger for the block that contains the items that have 'enabled=false', do a get_item_property and display the result using either a 'message / pause' command pair, or an alert. Verify that the enabled=false is working. Also consider using the Set_item_instance_property command in the When-New-Record-Instance trigger or maybe set_item_property in Pre-Block.

David
Re: Converting forms from 6 to 6i [message #158200 is a reply to message #158198] Thu, 09 February 2006 00:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
farnado,

Please be careful about posting the same question twice. If you need a post moved from one thread to another, or split, or some other task that you can't do then just report your post and we will fix it for you.

Please search this forum for 'read_image_file' there are MANY threads covering this topic.

David
Previous Topic: Not updating record
Next Topic: need help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:40:41 CDT 2024