Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » help in testing a project
help in testing a project [message #158462] Sat, 11 February 2006 08:38 Go to next message
meet_jegan

hello sir / Madam,

I am woking in d2k forms 6i & oracle 8i.
currently i am doing one project for alloys industry as a ERP Package.in that i have nearly 200 forms,200 reports,icons,logos,utilities,graphs. now my problem is
how to test my poject and also to make documentaion to my poject.
is there any tools or utilities available to do this?
if yes,
plz give the step by step procedure to do that.because
i am in beginner level in d2k,oracle.

kindly respose as quick as possible.
Re: help in testing a project [message #158501 is a reply to message #158462] Sun, 12 February 2006 06:47 Go to previous message
orausern
How to test: Testing is such a very detailed science now.. There is functional testing, unit testing,integration testing,user acceptance testing etc.

Unit testing is : to check that your code is working fine in your environment..each developer has his environment and the code should work there.

integration testing or development testing , as I understand, is testing in a common environment , shared by all developers.

funcational testing is to check all the functionalities of the product and is better done by QA team.. There can also be performance testing..to check for example, that each report runs withing acceptable response time.

documentation: that again can be for all phases of the project:
e.g. design document, technical design of various aspects of the project, coding standards document to set standards for all developers to use, functional documents, user training documents-divided in several parts ..e.g. how to do all the various tasks needed by the system..deployment document for how to do deployment..etc

most projects have QA or testing teams..and of course the developers should be doing at least unit testing allways.
Previous Topic: Rowid is getting selected automatically - raises error
Next Topic: can any one help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:30:42 CDT 2024