Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » passing set of values to report
icon5.gif  passing set of values to report [message #158961] Wed, 15 February 2006 04:18 Go to next message
siddig
hi,
is it possible to pass a set of values from a multiselection list
in a form to build a report, the number of values should be passed to the report are unknown depend on the user selection,
how can i collect the user selection and send them to the report
parameter.
best regards
Re: passing set of values to report [message #159052 is a reply to message #158961] Wed, 15 February 2006 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'parameter report'. There are numerous threads, many of them very recent.

David
Re: passing set of values to report [message #159174 is a reply to message #158961] Thu, 16 February 2006 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
siddig
dear david,
the forum is talking about sending one value in a parameter list
to report this is OOOK, i need to know how to send set of values
to build that report.
best regards
Re: passing set of values to report [message #159189 is a reply to message #159174] Thu, 16 February 2006 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJ.Zijlstra
Could you please explain to me what an 'a multiselection list' is?

For the rest:
If nothing works, just put the values from this multiselection list in a table and let Reports read from this table.

HTH,

Regards,

Rob Zijlstra
Re: passing set of values to report [message #159220 is a reply to message #159189] Thu, 16 February 2006 17:17 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you want to have multiple values going into a report then also consider the following two options.

If the set of records can be described by a 'select' statement then pass the 'select' statement to the report.

If you have a set of selected values then consider placing them in another table that comprises a key (of some combination) and a data value. Load the values as a set of records. Then, in the report, retrieve the information from this table and place it on the page. Then in the 'Post-Report' trigger (I don't remember the actual name) delete these 'used' entries.

David
Previous Topic: Issues regarding post-text-item
Next Topic: Button Label Truncated in Webforms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:35:38 CDT 2024