Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORA - 01722 Invalid Number
ORA - 01722 Invalid Number [message #162674] Mon, 13 March 2006 00:23 Go to next message
Punnaivanam
Hi,

We have developed a form to generate a report(output will be .csv file) Basically, the functionality of form is to retrive the data from 15 tables.

we have two database
1. Development (Windows)
2. Production (Sun Solaris)

when i tried to connect to development and generate the report, it is working. The table struture in the development and production are same. If i recompiled the FMB, then it is working fine. FMX is placed only in windows environment. Users they will connect to the database, as they want. I added some debug statement and found that below query is getting failed.
m_result18 FE%Rowtype;

select * into m_result18 from FE where seq_request =P_SeqRequest;
The above query executed in the development and working fine. But the same query when connected to production and get executed, it throws ORA - 01722 INVALID NUMBER error. i could not able to understand what is the root cause for this?

Please find attached the table structure of fe in both development and production.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
U. Punnaivanam.
  • Attachment: fe.zip
    (Size: 2.33KB, Downloaded 1074 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 13 March 2006 15:37] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: ORA - 01722 Invalid Number [message #162837 is a reply to message #162674] Mon, 13 March 2006 15:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I wonder if this is a 64-bit number issue? What version of forms and database are you running? Have you tried compiling and generating the form while signed-on to the production database?

David
Previous Topic: how i disable my textbox at view time
Next Topic: Updating Base tables of a View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:20:17 CDT 2024