Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » spacing between text item boxes
spacing between text item boxes [message #172235] Mon, 15 May 2006 11:22 Go to next message
bdrufner
RDBMS 9.2, Forms 9.0.4

This sound simply, but I can not find the solution.

I would like to find the property that will allow uniform spacing vertically between my text item boxes.

I am sending an image of a simple screen of employee attributes.

/forum/fa/1074/0/

In my perfect world, I would like to group together the employee ID, first name, last name, division, department, and job code fields and uniform the vertically spacing accessing some text item property.

Any solution that does require me to play with each field until it looks "just right" is welcomed.

Thanks in advance for this forum's usually excellent suggestions. It is appreciated.

Barry
Re: spacing between text item boxes [message #172289 is a reply to message #172235] Mon, 15 May 2006 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There are a number of techniques that you can use (at least 3) and I will talk about two of them.

The first field of your 6 fields has a Y coordinate of 40 (say), that is, Y=40. Method one, working with the Object Navigator and Property Pallette ONLY, have the fields listed in the order in which you want them on the screen, set the first field at the X coordinate and Y=40, say the field is 14 points high and you want a 6 point separation, select the next field and calculate Y=base+height+gap=40+20=60, set the Y to 60, go to the next field, Y=new base+height+gap=60+20=80, continue to the last field. Method two, base Y=40, you have six fields, go to sixth field in the Object Navigator, Y=base+((height+gap)*(number of fields-1)), that is Y=40+(20*5)=140, then go to the canvas, select the six fields, go to Arrange, Align Objects, Vertically, Distribute.

David
Re: spacing between text item boxes [message #172422 is a reply to message #172289] Tue, 16 May 2006 07:54 Go to previous message
bdrufner
Thanks David

As usual, your solution worked. Razz
Previous Topic: Run Report without openning it
Next Topic: how to uninstall forms6i and also reports6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:26:48 CDT 2024