Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » stop the lov from appearing when already populated by another lov
stop the lov from appearing when already populated by another lov [message #174833] Tue, 30 May 2006 13:51 Go to next message
tnegrey
I have a record group called employee number values: employee number, last name and first name.

There is an lov on employee number, returning employee number, last name and first name.

There is also an lov on last name , returning employee number, last name and first name.

The user can find records by either the employees number or the employees last name.

If the user finds the employee via the lov in employee number, the form still wants to verify the last name column(the find box is displayed with the last name appearing). How do I stop this? I need to indicate the last name field is okay if populated by the employee number lov.
Re: stop the lov from appearing when already populated by another lov [message #174916 is a reply to message #174833] Wed, 31 May 2006 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jowahl
after calling the lov set all returned items to valid (SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('<block>.<item>, ITEM_IS_VALID, PROPERTY_TRUE). so the when-validate-item trigger (or the lov which validates the item) will not fire.
icon7.gif  Re: stop the lov from appearing when already populated by another lov [message #175081 is a reply to message #174916] Wed, 31 May 2006 12:15 Go to previous message
tnegrey
Hello

Thank you very much! I set the item property in the post_text_item trigger to 'true' for the items 'employee number' and 'last name'.
Previous Topic: Window auto size
Next Topic: how i check my :SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS is DELETE OR REMOVE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:24:26 CDT 2024