Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Slow mapviewer within a form
Slow mapviewer within a form [message #176166] Wed, 07 June 2006 04:22 Go to next message
mariog
I've integrated mapviewer 10 into a form with a javabean.
I have added zoomin/zoomout/pan functionalities using the mapviewer api.
When I run the form in a ie window on the server, everything goes right. If I connect to the server on the network (cross cable or lan), the zoomed image is quickly generated (I can see that from the ie status bar, and I can istantly download the generated image from the server in a different ie window), but it takes long (90sec.) to display the image within the form.
Other mapviewer functionalities (zoomout, pan) are also slow, while if I ask the mapviewer servlet to generate an image selecting points from the db and colouring them, everything works well.

The zoomin in jsp demo page of mapviewer works well adding my map.
It looks like an operation times out, and after that the image is correctly displayed in the form.
Any suggestion?

Mario

Re: Slow mapviewer within a form [message #176594 is a reply to message #176166] Thu, 08 June 2006 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What version of windows are you running? Have you got the Windows Task Manager running? What is it telling you the PC is doing in terms of CPU usage and memory usage?

What speed PC do you have and how much memory does it have? What other applications are you running at the same time?

David
Re: Slow mapviewer within a form [message #177036 is a reply to message #176594] Mon, 12 June 2006 11:44 Go to previous message
mariog
Hi David,
thanks for your interest.
In the end I found my mistake. I was not telling the form to refresh and display the operation done by mapviewer (by the way, that is not clear in the formsbean mvdemo available). I realized that by chance when I clicked on the ie window scroll bar, while I was waiting, and the image instantly appeared!

I was misguided by the fact that in the test environment, I've always been compiling the form in debug mode, and the synchronization problem was not showing up.
Mario
Previous Topic: problem in item visibilty
Next Topic: plsql table global access thru out the form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:56:17 CDT 2024