Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to log on to the network database
how to log on to the network database [message #176618] Thu, 08 June 2006 23:46 Go to next message
aditya_gangadharam

hi all,

i have installed my application containing forms and reports in my server and i have given the runtime access to the users and when ever the user opens this it is giving an error that u have not logged on to the server. immediately i he opens the server system then he can see the form on the desktop so how can i log on to the server and open the runtime form on the user system with out logging on to the server...

thanks for the help

aditya...
Re: how to log on to the network database [message #176640 is a reply to message #176618] Fri, 09 June 2006 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please post a screen dump of the error message that they receive.

David
Re: how to log on to the network database [message #176657 is a reply to message #176640] Fri, 09 June 2006 01:43 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

How can I log on to the server (...) without logging on to the server?

Very Happy

Perhaps I'm wrong about it, but: to connect to Oracle, you have to provide username, password (and, optionally, database you are connecting to). If you don't want users to type required credentials, you'll have to provide them when calling forms and reports.
Previous Topic: need Urgent help please
Next Topic: host/SQL*Loader oddity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:45:00 CDT 2024