Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to check old value and new value for text item attached to a LOV in library
How to check old value and new value for text item attached to a LOV in library [message #179761] Wed, 28 June 2006 10:51 Go to next message
prashant_pathak
Hi All,

I am new to forms

I have a form which has a text item which is attached to a LOV. I want to track what changes are being done using that form. So i want to know what was old value and what is new value.
I am checking the following way in library code (PLL Code)

I am getting old value as following
get_item_property(BLOCK.ITEM_NAME,database_value)

New value
NAME_IN(:BLOCK.ITEM_NAME);

but both values are comming same for text item attached to a LOV.

Following the way operation is performed.

In Order Form i am quering for an Order. after that i am changing the value of Freight for that perticular order. Freight is text field has attached LOV so i am changing from value A to value B for that perticular order.

How can i get both Value A and Value B?
I am on that same record as i have queried for a perticular order.

Any suggestion how can i get the old and new value?
am i doing wrong?

Thanks
Prashant Pathak
Re: How to check old value and new value for text item attached to a LOV in library [message #179862 is a reply to message #179761] Thu, 29 June 2006 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jowahl
did you use the correct syntax to compare both values (attend the ')?

get_item_property('BLOCK.ITEM_NAME',database_value)

NAME_IN('BLOCK.ITEM_NAME');
Re: How to check old value and new value for text item attached to a LOV in library [message #180013 is a reply to message #179862] Thu, 29 June 2006 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Hi,

I tried putting the '(apostrophe) but it says FRM-40105 invalid reference to 'ORDER.FOB'

Thanks
Prashant Pathak
Re: How to check old value and new value for text item attached to a LOV in library [message #180051 is a reply to message #180013] Fri, 30 June 2006 00:19 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please post your code.

David
Previous Topic: On button Click in Oracle Forms 4.5 open a browser window
Next Topic: go to last record + 1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:31:37 CDT 2024