Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multithread Application <Java & Oracle Forms>
Multithread Application <Java & Oracle Forms> [message #180610] Tue, 04 July 2006 07:35 Go to next message
manshuks
I have a Java program which I am calling using Oracle forms (10g). This Java program takes almost 6-7 minutes to process all the records and due to this I can't do anything on my form application. I have to wit until this processing is over. What I want to do is, let this processing happen at the backend, bring the control back to the forms as soon as call to the Java program is made so that user can continue with his work on oracle form application. Few guys suggested me to run this Java program as a separate thread but I am not really familiar with threading concept.

I would really appreciate if somebody can help me in implementing this. Probably a sample code would help.

Thanks
Re: Multithread Application <Java & Oracle Forms> [message #180708 is a reply to message #180610] Tue, 04 July 2006 21:33 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please post the code that you are currently running.

David
Previous Topic: File Transfer From UNIX to WINDOWS Using Oracle Forms - URGENT!!!!!!
Next Topic: DFAULT_WHERE issues (merged again)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:32:33 CDT 2024