Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » HELP : v$session.module
HELP : v$session.module [message #181239] Fri, 07 July 2006 10:57 Go to next message
henryhrcr
I need to identify my application, so i use dbms_application_info.set_module in the POST-LOGON of the principal form of my application, i use :

dbms_application_info.set_module('MY-APPLICATION',NULL);

this sentence let me identify my application, so if i query the v$session.module in sql, i can see 'MY-APPLICATION' in v$session. This work good !!!

But the problem is, i need to do some restrictions in the POST-LOGON trigger in DATABASE, but this trigger in database start before the post-logon trigger in the form. So when i going to verify in the post-logon in database, the v$session.module is not set yet. This is in blanks or null.

This is the code example :

IN THE FORM
IN POST-LOGON TRIGGER
Dbms_Application_Info.Set_Module('MY-APPLICATION',Null);

IN DATABASE LEVEL

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER Check_Restrictions
After Logon ON DATABASE

declare
vc_module varchar2(200);

begin
select S.module
into vc_Module
from v$session S
where audsid = USERENV('sessionid');

if vc_Module <> 'MY-APPLICATION' then
-- Fire the restrictions
end if;
end;

The problem is, when my application starts, the after logon trigger in database starts before POST-LOGON trigger in the forms, so the v$session.module is not set yet, so i can not do the restrictions.

I Apreciate your help.

Thanks !!!
Re: HELP : v$session.module [message #186257 is a reply to message #181239] Mon, 07 August 2006 03:31 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I'm sorry but I missed your posting.

Have you solved your problem?

I suggest doing the restriction testing in the When-New-Form-Instance trigger. By that time all the logon activities will be finished.

David
Previous Topic: Forms 9i - Trying to create a three reminder timer
Next Topic: searching a string in a xml file from Oracle Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:41:15 CDT 2024