Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Requests submitted from form cannot be found
Requests submitted from form cannot be found [message #182415] Fri, 14 July 2006 12:50 Go to next message
annagel
I am working on a form which, after its data is submitted starts a concurrent request using the fnd_request.submit_request function. I had some early problems with it not compiling and also with the function returning a 0 request id and I was able to figure out what was going on there, now the function compiles and returns a request id, but this id does not match up with a request in the system that I can find.

This is the code used to submit the request:

l_request_id := 
    fnd_request.submit_request (l_app, l_program, 
                            null, null, false, l_arg1, 
                            l_arg2, l_arg3, l_arg4, 
                            l_arg5, chr(0),..., chr(0)); 
                            --there are 95 chr(0) values

I have an alert that pops up with the request id in it. This is the next request id in line when viewing requests, but it does not show up in the request manager.

I also tried looking directly in the db for it with the following select:

select * from fnd_concurrent_requests where request_id = 196224

This returns no results.

Finally, when I go to submit a new request through the concurrent manager, this request id is skipped over and the next request id is used instead.
Re: Requests submitted from form cannot be found [message #182420 is a reply to message #182415] Fri, 14 July 2006 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you COMMIT inserted data? If not, records won't be visible in another session (i.e. this might be the reason why SELECT statement returns nothing).
Re: Requests submitted from form cannot be found [message #182421 is a reply to message #182420] Fri, 14 July 2006 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annagel
No I had not...well i committed after my data went from the form, but not after making the call to start to concurrent request. Just tried that and while the form gives me an error for committing when nothing needs to be saved it looks like this solves my problem.

Thanks,
Andrew
Re: Requests submitted from form cannot be found [message #182424 is a reply to message #182421] Fri, 14 July 2006 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I believe you received "No changes to save" message; COMMIT (COMMIT_FORM) statement analyses blocks that exist in your form. If you change a table independently from the declared blocks, the form does not think that it has any changes to save.

Use 'standard.commit' - this bypasses any checking and does what you need: commit, now!!
Re: Requests submitted from form cannot be found [message #182425 is a reply to message #182424] Fri, 14 July 2006 14:38 Go to previous message
annagel
That did it...Thanks for the help. I would have just lived with the error, but nice to know you can do a submit that bypasses the form all together.

Andrew
Previous Topic: LOV Problem
Next Topic: Refresh data in a hierarchical tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:30:54 CDT 2024