Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Master \ Detail: copy value from another block
Master \ Detail: copy value from another block [message #187819] Tue, 15 August 2006 16:41 Go to next message
yamon
Hi,

Is anyone able to help with the following problem please? I have a master \ detail form, with the master block on one tab sheet, and detail block on another tab sheet. Both data blocks display 20 records in a list style. On the detail tab sheet, I need to display one single record from a couple of fields from the master data block, as a header for the detail tab sheet. I have tried using "Copy Value From Item" property, but this only works with primary keys, so doesnt perform a query properly. Any advise would be grately welcomed.

Yam
Re: Master \ Detail: copy value from another block [message #187861 is a reply to message #187819] Wed, 16 August 2006 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emadbsb

try also synchronize with

Another try is to make a cursor to loop on the required fields to copy them
Re: Master \ Detail: copy value from another block [message #188086 is a reply to message #187861] Thu, 17 August 2006 01:21 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
On your second tab ('tab-b'), place some non-database fields that live on a control block and populate these fields from the current 'tab-a' record when you change tabs via the when-tab-page-changed trigger.

David
Previous Topic: how to put file on client side
Next Topic: the record is shifted up when check mark checked
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:27:22 CDT 2024