Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Getting error while deploying
Getting error while deploying [message #216114] Thu, 25 January 2007 01:16 Go to next message
jvnaveen
Hi Friends,

I'm using OWB10g, while deploying I'm getting the following error.

RTC-5260:Failed to connect to Control center, Please check you provided the correct Host, user, password & service name

RTC-5301:The control center service is not currently available.

I have provided the correct Host, user, password & service name also. What could be the problem?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Naveen J V
Re: Getting error while deploying [message #216736 is a reply to message #216114] Tue, 30 January 2007 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jvalerof
Hi Naveen,

a colleague suffered a problem like yours. The problem was that the indexes of the runtime schema were in "UNUSED" state. It seems that DBA's put more disk space and indexes in the process became in "UNUSED" state.

Perhaps, you could verify that all of the elements in runtime schema are in "CORRECT", that is, indexes are in "VALID" state, procedures, functions and packages are "VALID" too, etc.

I hope it helps.
Re: Getting error while deploying [message #216746 is a reply to message #216736] Tue, 30 January 2007 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jvnaveen
Hi,

Thanks for your response. But in my schema, all objects are in 'valid' state.

Kindly let me know any issues.

Regards,
Naveen
Re: Getting error while deploying [message #273951 is a reply to message #216114] Fri, 12 October 2007 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kprabhub4u@yahoo.co.in
Hi All,

Please find the procedure to activate the control service platform.

Error:
RTC – 5301: The control service is not currently available.

Solution:

1. Go to the path, where your OWB 10g R2 installed and open the below batch file in notepad or textpad.

<OWB_HOME>\owb\bin\win32\run_service.bat

2. In that text file, please change the below line

Original Script:
%JAVAPATH%\jre\bin\javaw.exe %JVM_OPTIONS% -DORACLE_HOME="%RTHOME%" -DOCM_HOME="%RTHOME%" -DOCM_ORACLE_HOME="%RTHOME%" -classpath %RTHOME%\owb\bin\admin\;%RTHOME%\owb\bin\admin\launcher.jar -DOWB_HOME=%OWB_HOME% -DJDK_HOME=%JDK_HOME% -DORA_HOME=%ORA_HOME% -DOEM_HOME=%OEM_HOME% -DIAS_HOME=%IAS_HOME% Launcher %RTHOME%\owb\bin\admin\owb.classpath oracle.wh.runtime.platform.service.Service %STARTUP_TYPE% %NODEID% %RTUSER% %HOST% %PORT% %SERVICE%

Add this text -Duser.timezone="+02:00" as shown below:

%JAVAPATH%\jre\bin\javaw.exe %JVM_OPTIONS% -DORACLE_HOME="%RTHOME%" -Duser.timezone="+02:00" -DOCM_HOME="%RTHOME%" -DOCM_ORACLE_HOME="%RTHOME%" -classpath %RTHOME%\owb\bin\admin\;%RTHOME%\owb\bin\admin\launcher.jar -DOWB_HOME=%OWB_HOME% -DJDK_HOME=%JDK_HOME% -DORA_HOME=%ORA_HOME% -DOEM_HOME=%OEM_HOME% -DIAS_HOME=%IAS_HOME% Launcher %RTHOME%\owb\bin\admin\owb.classpath oracle.wh.runtime.platform.service.Service %STARTUP_TYPE% %NODEID% %RTUSER% %HOST% %PORT% %SERVICE%

(In the above line, please mention space, double quotes and other things carefully)

3. Save the file run_service.bat.
4. Open the sqlplus and login using OWB repository OWNER name and password (not user name / password).
5. Then, execute the below scripts

SQL> @<OWB_HOME>\owb\rtp\sql\stop_service.sql

SQL> @<OWB_HOME>\owb\rtp\sql\start_service.sql

Now, you successfully enabled the control service platform.

Now, go to OWB and deploy the objects.

Thanks,
Prabhu Kasinathan.
Cognizant.

Re: Getting error while deploying [message #379837 is a reply to message #273951] Thu, 08 January 2009 01:43 Go to previous message
owbdeveloper
I did the same to resolve the issue which i also got.But i am unsucesfull.could u pls help me out here?
Previous Topic: Getting started Warehouse Builder
Next Topic: How to validate a profile in two different fields of tables?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:06:51 CDT 2024