Home » Infrastructure » Windows » ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble
ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble [message #232849] Mon, 23 April 2007 10:35 Go to next message
gmendez
In (bad) english:
-----------------

Good morning.

I have a quite odd trouble. I'm doing mantainance to an application partialy developed in .NET and Genexus.

The modules in .NET access the database through ADO.NET using Oracle Data Provider, and the modules in Genexus use ODBC.

Recently, we've migrated the application from .Net framework 1.1 to 2.0, thus, he had to change the data provider to the one which works with the .NET framework 2.0. (I think it's ODP v10.2)

In order to update the aplication at our customers' , a proccess that do all the installations and updates required is run. In this case, we changed this program to automatically install this new version of ODP performing a silent installation using a response file as specified by oracle.

The problem is that having installed ODP 10 for .Net 2.0 silently, the ODBC connection doesn' work anymore. This doesn't happen if the ODP is installed in interactive mode.

If a clic on "Test connection" I get the following error:

Unable to connect.
SQLState = IM004
[Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC] Error de SQLAllocHandle del controlador en SQL_HANDLE_ENV

Is there anyone who has experienced this before? Could anyone give me a clue on how to workaround this?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards,

Gonzalo
(Sorry for my bad english)

En español:
-------------

Buenos días.

Tengo un problema bastante extraño. Estoy manteniendo una aplicación que está desarrollada paracialmente en Genexus y en .NET.

Los módulos desarrollados en .NET acceden mediante ADO.NET a la base de datos usando el Oracle Data Provider, mientras que los módulos en Genexus usan ODBC.

Recientemente hemos migrado al framework 2.0 por lo que debimos actualizar el Oreacle Data Provider 10 a la versión que trabaja con el .Net Framework 2.0 (La versión del ODP es la 10.2 si mal no recuerdo).

Para actualizar la aplicación en nuestros clientes corremos un proceso que se encarga de las instalciones y/o cambios necesarios. En este caso hemos hecho que instale esta nueva versión del ODP, en forma silenciosa o no interactiva utilizando un archivo de respuestas según las especificaciones de oracle.

El problema es que habiendo instalado el ODP 10 for Net 2.0 en forma silenciosa, el ODBC ha dejado de funcionar. Esto no sucede si instalamos el ODP en forma interactiva.

Desde la pantalla de conexiones ODBC en windows obtengo el siguiente error al hacer "Test Conection":

Unable to connect.
SQLState = IM004
[Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC] Error de SQLAllocHandle del controlador en SQL_HANDLE_ENV

¿Alguien podría tener una idea de qué sucede y como solucionarlo?

Muchas gracias desde ya.
Atte,

Gonzalo

Re: ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble [message #232948 is a reply to message #232849] Tue, 24 April 2007 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Check this
and
this
Re: ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble [message #232982 is a reply to message #232948] Tue, 24 April 2007 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gmendez
Well, in my case it doesn't seem to be a permission problem because I'm logging in with administrator privileges. So, I'll try the way of applying a patch.
Thanks a lot.
Re: ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble [message #233052 is a reply to message #232982] Tue, 24 April 2007 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gmendez
I was finally able to workaround this.
In my case, after installing ODP 10 for NET 2.0 the new ODAC Home was added to the path. I simply restored the path to it's original value, and "voilá".
Thanks.

Gonzalo
icon14.gif  Re: ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble [message #233061 is a reply to message #233052] Tue, 24 April 2007 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Great Stuff, Glad you solved it Thumbs Up
Re: ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble [message #574720 is a reply to message #233052] Tue, 15 January 2013 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elbarbosa

Could you please explain how to use the ODAC with GeneXus.

Re: ODP 10 for .net 2.0 Silent Installation and ODBC trouble [message #574726 is a reply to message #574720] Tue, 15 January 2013 08:15 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
 *Cause:  A connection to a database or other service was requested using
 a connect identifier, and the connect identifier specified could not
 be resolved into a connect descriptor using one of the naming methods
 configured. For example, if the type of connect identifier used was a
 net service name then the net service name could not be found in a
 naming method repository, or the repository could not be
 located or reached.
 *Action:
   - If you are using local naming (TNSNAMES.ORA file):
      - Make sure that "TNSNAMES" is listed as one of the values of the
        NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile
        (SQLNET.ORA)
      - Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper
        directory and is accessible.
      - Check that the net service name used as the connect identifier
        exists in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.
      - Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the TNSNAMES.ORA
        file.  Look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Errors
        in a TNSNAMES.ORA file may make it unusable.
   - If you are using directory naming:
      - Verify that "LDAP" is listed as one of the values of the
        NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile
        (SQLNET.ORA).
      - Verify that the LDAP directory server is up and that it is
        accessible.
      - Verify that the net service name or database name used as the
        connect identifier is configured in the directory.
      - Verify that the default context being used is correct by
        specifying a fully qualified net service name or a full LDAP DN
        as the connect identifier
   - If you are using easy connect naming:
      - Verify that "EZCONNECT" is listed as one of the values of the
        NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile
        (SQLNET.ORA).
      - Make sure the host, port and service name specified
        are correct.
      - Try enclosing the connect identifier in quote marks.

See the Oracle Net Services Administrators Guide or the Oracle
   operating system specific guide for more information on naming.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: 'ELEMENT NOT FOUND' ERROR
Next Topic: need hummingbird exceed software for windows?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:05:34 CDT 2024