Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to perform a report with many dimentions?
how to perform a report with many dimentions? [message #302801] Wed, 27 February 2008 01:09 Go to next message
nadia74
Hi,
I've made a report in report 6i to show indicators which have six dimentions for example time dimention,geographical dimention, gender dimention,...
when i chose one of the indicator dimentions to show its values (to have the average, the sum,...)i have to send only one column to the query, my problem is that when i want to chose two or more dimentions i have to repeat the query in the report builder with the number of the chosen dimentions.
and also i want the report to show me the other values according to the others dimentions, to do this i've also to repeat the query in report builder with the number of the others dimentions.
is there any other way to do that?
regards
Re: how to perform a report with many dimentions? [message #304975 is a reply to message #302801] Fri, 07 March 2008 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flash
Can you paste your query here so that we can better understand your requirement ?

Thanks
Flash
Re: how to perform a report with many dimentions? [message #308227 is a reply to message #302801] Sat, 22 March 2008 09:42 Go to previous message
vhoffius
Hi,

I don't quite understand what you requirements are either, but what I usually do with complex reports is code what you need in a database function returning a tabletype. A function is often more easially to maintain than a report.

Regards, Vincent
Previous Topic: How to Combile 2 Queries
Next Topic: Passing Parameters from Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 12:19:39 CDT 2024