Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Materialized view rewrite
icon5.gif  ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Materialized view rewrite [message #305648] Tue, 11 March 2008 08:10 Go to next message
eclectic78
i'm doing tutorial (bise1_tutorialwh) Oracle BI standart edition one ...
when i deployed dimensions i've got an ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Materialized view rewrite.

i found that parameter query_rewrite_enabled is TRUE.
but when i do select * from all_mviews i see one view and his one column rewrite_enabled set N.

in result mapping can't performed...and as i understand repository not creating Sad

in Internet i found that Materialized view rewrite option is enable only in Oracle ENTERPRISE EDITION... is it true or it was in older version ?
by tutorial i need to create dimension , so or Oracle made mistake in documentation or something is wrong ...

by the way do i understand correctly when oracle execute
CREATE DIMENSION it automatically using Materialized view?

p.s. really need help
Re: ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Materialized view rewrite [message #306304 is a reply to message #305648] Thu, 13 March 2008 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elnekis
I'm having exactly the same problem.

We are recently creating several OWB projects for different business areas.

I wanted to deploy de dimension created in one project so I can import its definition in another project, but when I try to deploy it I get the error mentioned by eclectic78.

We are running Oracle 10.2.0.3 Database, standard edition. I have read in other forums that the materialized view rewrite is only available in enterprise.

My questions are, ¿Can dimensions be deployed at all using the standard edition?
¿What would be the best approach to share a dimension between projects in OWB?
Re: ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Materialized view rewrite [message #306337 is a reply to message #305648] Thu, 13 March 2008 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eclectic78
i found the answer on my question. you can find it in attached file.

shortly - query rewriting only available in EE Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 13 March 2008 14:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Materialized view rewrite [message #306351 is a reply to message #306337] Thu, 13 March 2008 17:06 Go to previous message
elnekis
Ok, tnx for the information.

I will do what I can with OWB and the rest I will make it directly in database packages Sad .

The conclusion is, if you want to take full advantage of OWB on any Oracle version you have to work on an Enterprise Edition Database. Mad

Bye.
Previous Topic: Assign constant value for one column at target table
Next Topic: getting problem with deploy mapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:33:52 CDT 2024